LPM-Fin Analysis-Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL!
The LPM Financial Analysis job family is responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking and analysis of financial, strategic and statistical data and tools used by the Company. This can include internal and external reporting, identifying issues and analyzing trends to strengthen the understanding of financial results.
Consultant performs activities related to the creation/development, maintenance, control, tracking and analysis of financial and/or statistical data used by management. This position may provide data to and participate in formation of financial plans and forecasts and provide answers to questions regarding financial matters. This position requires a more advanced understanding of the data, information, terminology and technology than an AF Financial Analyst. This position may train others and make recommendations for correction and improvement. Job may also involve project management.
- Participate and lead in cross-functional teams
- Provide advanced financial analysis to support business decisions
- Report and analyze advanced financial plans, forecasts or other financial matters such as expense plans, capital related projects, etc. This may also include statistical projects Investigate advanced financial and/or statistical issues and questions
- Participate and complete adhoc projects/requests
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports and presentations of a financial nature
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business (or related field) is required
- 3-7 years of experience working as a financial analyst
- Candidates with a background in Life Insurance and/or Investments are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to work with more complex numbers and formulas.
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and time management skills
- Computer Skills (EXCEL, PowerPoint, Access and Word.) Knowledge of databases may be necessary.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Expanded knowledge of insurance industry and the outside marketplace
- Expanded knowledge of Allstate Financial structure and financial processes
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top