Line Data Analytics Senior Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Data/Analytics Team within Line Management is responsible for the necessary measurement, analysis and reporting on the health of the Specialty Product Lines. The team works across departments to synthesize data into meaningful and communicable formats and develop a consistent message on the current and future performance of the line.
The Line Data Analytics Senior Consultant II will be responsible for providing forward-looking guidance and reporting on the overall health and profit/growth of the line of business. The individual will have numerous opportunities to interact with other departments both in and out of Product as well as leaders on line strategy; leveraging their understanding of the product, underwriting, and financial elements in communicating in-depth analysis as well as making recommendations on trends, profit/loss, policy growth, and other insurance financial indicators. Evaluates procedures and processes to determine appropriateness and recommend changes.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and experience with data sources and applications to conduct research supporting the health of the line
- Researches demographic, economic and competitor data to identify markets/ segments for opportunities to impact growth and profit
- Conducts trend analysis (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial) and work with Line Management Senior Manager to recommend changes based on findings
- Works with Line Management Senior Manager to determine appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Identifies and resolve moderately complex data issues independently
- Analyzes data and reviews analysis from others regarding the line
- Solicits input from key stakeholders on line management projects and initiatives
- Evaluates procedures and processes to determine appropriateness and recommend changes
Product Management Support
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by recommending modifications to existing products, pricing, risk management
- Coordinates the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/ products to regions/field
- Understands the market specific implications of potential business strategies and articulate impacts to line management leaders
- Supports in the proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- Supports and occasionally owns the development of communication strategies
- Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and development within line management
- Applies basic working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Leverages awareness of current industry standards/environment and develop possible applications or improvements to existing products
- Serves as a subject matter expert on projects or discipline from an internal perspective
- Trains/coaches team members or peers; actively share expertise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top