Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Life Claims Senior Associate! The Life Claims Senior Associate provides support and assistance in Life products and other processes associated with Life claims. The Life Claims Senior Associate handles tasks of unusual low to moderate complexity, according to prescribed procedures. The Life Claims Senior Associate will process life insurance products claims and other processes associated with life insurance claims to determine the extent of the company's liability with respect to each contract and to discharge that liability with prompt, fair and courteous service.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met.
- Analyze and evaluate new Life Claims to ensure the correct beneficiary(ies) is identified and paid.
- Analyze and evaluate new Disability Claims by reviewing the contract, and reviews medical reports in preparation of Disability claims.
- Process Life Claim payments: All paperwork in good order, meet all compliance standards.
- Review riders and status of the policy to determine reserves, manual calculation is necessary, if needed: Death Benefit Options, Outstanding Loan, Loan Interest, Premium Refund, Decreasing Term etc.
- Accurately document the pertinent claim details in the claim system.
- Handle insured and beneficiary inquiries.
- Handle pending claims follow up in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment.
- Previous Claims processing experience preferred.
- Activities are of low to moderate complexity, requiring some independent judgment, using procedures standard to the organization.
- Gathers resources and information needed to complete work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/goal driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
- A basic understanding of life insurance products and concepts is required.
- Intermediate verbal/written communication skills.
- System knowledge: Atlas mainframe, Cyberlife, Transcend, AWD and SAP
- Product knowledge: Allstate, New York, Lincoln Benefit Life, Surety and Transcend.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Must have basic organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to include experience with Word and Excel.
- Support existing or new systems/programs and evaluate for improvement.
- Understand basic financial control and clear suspense processes.
- Exhibit courteous and professional demeanor in all communication with beneficiaries, attorneys, estate representatives, agents, and other interested parties.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top