Life, Underwriting and Claims Business Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Insurance Company has an opportunity for a detailed oriented professional to work as a Business Associate in our Life, Underwriting, and Claims Division out of our Lincoln, Nebraska office. This position will be responsible for reviewing and processing all New York non-replacement, contract change, and term conversion applications adhering to all New York Department of Insurance regulations and guidelines.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Processing all NY requests in a timely manner including; maintaining timely follow-up procedures; reviewing finalized application paperwork to ensure all Regulation 60 and Regulation 74 requirements have been received, utilizing existing processes and checklists.
- Maintaining database entries for all stages of the process in an accurate and complete manner, knowing they will be utilized for required reporting to New York.
- Provide on-going agent support and guidance on the New York processes via phone and e-mail.
- Assists with other tasks as needed in order to promote a positive work condition and Service environment.
- Identifies and investigates the root cause of issues.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email.
- Requires a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Requires organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities.
- Prefer 2+ years of Customer Service experience.
- Prefer previous New York Regulation 60 and Regulation 74 compliance processing experience
- Knowledge of the Cyberlife system helpful.
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge helpful.
- Requires the ability to maintain acceptable attendance according to the company's attendance policy.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top