Life Sales Instructor
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has a sales instructor position available at our Farmington Hills, MI office. Our Education department is responsible for the delivery and coordination of education and training to our newly appointed and incumbent Allstate Agents and new agency staff. Training will include but won't be limited to Allstate products, technology, sales skills and binding authority programs.
The scope of this job is
- Job requires occasional overnight travel primarily in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Travel may be as long as a week. Occasionally some evening and/or work from home via laptop.
- Deliver quality education to Allstate Exclusive Agents, Exclusive Financial Specialists, Agency Staff, and Field Leaders.
- Facilitating web conference education sessions.
- Communicating new programs including changes to agency tools, agency staff appointment process, and binding authority requirements.
- Create, manage, and monitor learning projects
- Effectively deliver course material using adult techniques in a variety of mediums such as facilitator/instructor led training, web-conference, and teleconference to as many as 100 people
- Analyze and report education results based on review of objectives, strategies, measurements, targets, and if necessary make adjustments
- Ensure the delivery, accuracy and maintenance of all supplies, course materials, and packages for life and retirement curriculum.
- Coordination and implementation of special projects and regional pilot programs as assigned by Leadership team.
- Help analyze correlation between training programs and field sales personnel performance. Apply findings and assist in the development of appropriate educational and training programs to meet specific needs (in partnership with AF Sales Education team).
- Bachelor's degree required, no major preference
- Must have Life and Health license
- Experience in life insurance
- 2-4 years of Financial Services sales or operations experience
- Strong communication skills to address unique and/or complex business metrics and strategy
- Strong collaboration skills to support business plan execution
- Experience with presentation skills in facilitating classes and leading discussions for both small and very large groups
- Demonstrated time management skills to work effectively against deadlines and break down complex projects into manageable steps
- Familiarity with education curriculum design and delivery strategy preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top