Life Claim Customer Care Representative
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Life and Retirement has an exceptional opportunity for a Life Claim Customer Care Representative within Life and Annuity Claims in Lincoln, NE.
The purpose of the department is to provide support and assistance to our customers. You will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore our customer's lives after they've had a loss. In this vital role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Obtain information regarding the death of an insured via the telephone, create a new loss claim via our OTIS claim and AWD10 systems.
- Put the customer at the center of what you do.
- Respond to questions and/or concerns from Allstate agents and customers.
- Interpret and apply concepts based on claim policies and procedures.
- Working in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and agent information.
- Position is located in Nebraska, Illinois.
- Supports creating death audit claims and mail loss.
Work hours will be 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday - Friday).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to help others.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, claim procedures and customer service philosophies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to type 45+ wpm.
- Ability to document notes on the OTIS claim system by utilizing basic grammar and spelling.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and empathetically.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Atlas mainframe and Cyberlife system knowledge is beneficial.
- Ability to empathize, actively listens to, and deal sensitively and professionally with customers and agents.
- Requires the ability to maintain acceptable attendance according to the company attendance policy.
- Prefer 2+ years of customer service experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top