Life Advise Center Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ALR Remote Advice Center supports the growth and success of the complete Allstate Life and Retirement distribution system. This group will support customer facing life quotes through Allstate.com, ensuring the customer has the right coverage to meet their needs, closing the sale, and binding of the application.
The Life Advice Center Specialist position is an active sales role driving growth of proprietary life insurance products on a countrywide basis. You will support the marketing and sales of Allstate proprietary life products. We are responsible for handling inbound and outbound sales calls to facilitate the growth of Allstate's book of business by improving the customer experience, increasing customer retention, and meeting sales performance goals. Selling is the primary function of this position but delivering effortless customer experience is a critical component. All sales calls will use warm leads, no cold calls. This position is a licensed individual (Life and Health) and the role will be centralized in a contact center location.
- Deliver extraordinary customer sales experience in all interactions through inbound and outbound calls to meet sales targets and performance goals
- Sells new business policies for life insurance
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products and services in order to portray confidence and credibility to customers while matching customer needs to Allstate products
- Actively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities in order to increase household penetration and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques
- Ability to work well with multiple on-line systems while speaking with customers is required
- Able to handle situations which may require adaptation of response according to customer response.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the organization and products will require advance problem solving and sophisticated sales techniques
- Ability to assess customer needs and promote alternative products considering the customer financial needs
- Increase customer retention by speaking with as many customers as possible while improving the customer experience
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system, respond to a predicative dialer system, manage customer contacts through a customer relationship management system, and provide options utilizing product illustration system
- Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on new marketing campaigns
- Meet monthly goals and standards that align with Company growth strategies
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we offer:
- This position is loacted in Coppell, TX
- Schedule: can work between the hours of 8 am to 7 pm- Monday thru Friday (40 hour work week), rotational Saturday required every 4 weeks
- Salary ranges from 63,000 to 80,000 based on experience
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement (starts day 1)
- Volunteer opportunities
- You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years' experience selling insurance products and a proven ability to grow sales
- Life and Health license required (can be obtained, at our expense, after hire as part of the training period)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced degrees or professional designations such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, a plus
- Strong PC skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies to facilitate virtual relationships with the customer and agency owners
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- Resident Life and Health license required (can be obtained, at our expense, after hire)
- Other industry certifications strongly preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills - Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust in a virtual environment.
- Strong communication skills - Includes motivation and virtual relationship development
- Problem solving - Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues to evaluate customer needs while matching to Allstate products and services
- Positivity - Ability to remain calm and is empathetic during the sales process
- Formative Thinker - Able to change the direction of a conversation
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top