Legal Support Associate - Northbrook
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Intake Unit job family is responsible for a variety of tasks that support the Law & Regulation Department, including, in signifcant part, tasks relating to the receipt, review and proper routing of the complaints, subpoenas, foreclosure notices, bankruptcy notices, and other documents served on and/or otherwise transmitted to the Legal team (the "service of process documents", or the"SOPs").
Individuals in this position will be responsible for performing data processing and data entry via electronic queues to route SOPs to the L&R attorneys and paralegals for further handling.
- Perform data entry of the SOPs and other matters via electronic queues for attorneys and paralegals
- Make routing decisions based on established guidelines and procedures, supplementing with research as necessary
- Open new matters to support attorneys and paralegals
- Support administrative duties when workloads permit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Intermediate level computer skills, including a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe software, as well as web-based applications
- Ability to make decisions within established procedures under general supervision
- Ability to assist management with activities of basic complexity requiring some independent judgment within established procedures
- Ability to rapidly process and accurately enter significant amounts of data
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time with support as needed
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of immediate work group functions and processes
- Ability to train others on immediate work group functions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top