Legal Project and Intake Unit Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position will support the eDiscovery response unit within Law and Regualtion, which manages eDiscovery processes and litigation hold administration. The Associate Team leader supports eDiscovery counsel in responding to discovery requests; provides recommendations regarding discovery matters under supervision of attorney; manages an intake unit; validates accurate and timely use of the matter management system; manages work assignments and projects; gathers information for attorney analysis; conducts, summarizes, and analyzes legal research; identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues; and drafts documents, distributes for review, and obtains necessary approvals and signatures.
Support attorneys in responding to discovery by engaging in the identification, preservation, collection, production and management of paper documents and electronically stored information
Manage the Intake Unit
Exhibit proficiency in technology that supports litigation efforts, including expertise in eDiscovery software
Assist in management of the litigation hold process
Consult and interview people for matters or cases
Assist attorneys with witness preparation, including witness interviews, coordination of witness preparation, and testimony scheduling
Provide attorney support including tasks related to preservation and associated documentation
Track metrics related to Intake Unit, eDiscovery and other litigation related tasks
Identify opportunities in current processes and recommend and implement improvements
Collaborate with in-house and outside counsel, IT and discovery vendors in developing and implementing case specific strategy
Educate law department and business unit employees as well as vendors regarding procedures
Manage staff and effectively use performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Possess bachelor's degree
- Two–three years paralegal or equivalent experience
- Experience and understanding of litigation, insurance, or regulatory practices
- Able to manage nonexempt staff
- Analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems
- Demonstrates legal drafting, researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Able to work in a diverse, multi-office, and long distance environments
- Budget management skills and able to reconcile expense reports
- Advanced project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office suite, Adobe Professional, e-Discovery applications, and other web-based applications (including but not limited to Lexis and other legal research tools)
- Able to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top