Legal Administrative Assistant - Providence, RI
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
License and appoint producers to sell Allstate Insurance products through on-boarding, maintenance and exiting of agents in all channels. Provide effective service to our sales force while complying with all applicable federal, state and company guidelines.
This role will provide customer service to producers, their staff and the regions. Ensure understanding by providing information, updates and explanation of licensing requirements and status. Handle high volume of processing requests as well as fielding calls from producers, their staff and the regions. May require diffusing escalated situations and requires in depth understanding of compliance rules and state guidelines.
Licensing Associates are required to empathize with their callers, and have good communication skills in both email and written correspondence. They are accountable for the situations that are presented to them, and must own a situation to resolution. They work independently, displaying good judgment with problem solving skills.
- Processes requests received to ensure that the licensing and appointment status is reflected accurately on our systems, and is in alignment with state and compliance requirements. This includes reviewing documents for accuracy
- Provides customer service for phone calls and phone related activities (including any research and follow up required)
- Assists in training of associates
- Meets all performance standards
- Communicates complex information verbally and in writing
- Provides daily communications and continuing education (training, refreshers, coaching)
- High school diploma required with some college preferred
- Attention to detail
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Requires data entry skills
- Requires a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent phone etiquette skills
- Requires self motivation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to work well under pressure
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top