Legal Administrative Assistant- Philadelphia
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Staff & Retained Counsel division represents policyholders in claims-related litigation/disputes through staff counsel offices throughout multiple states and, when appropriate, through the retention of outside law firms around the country. It also represents the company in a variety of litigation as well. This group is responsible for leading, coordinating and advancing Allstate’s large nationwide staff counsel organization and the strategic management of the Claims panel of retained outside counsel. The Staff & Retained Counsel group works closely with our Claim Department as well as the company’s regions to regularly assess both short and long-term strategic needs, direction and trends.
The Staff Counsel Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide varied administrative support to one or more attorneys and others in the Staff Counsel office, clients, and customers
- File pleadings, prepare documents, and organize paperwork received from Claims
- Schedule depositions and confirm calendar appointments for the attorneys in a high volume environment
- Monitor and maintain compliance with Team Connect (our case management system
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 1-5 years’ administrative experience, insurance defense setting preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Basic communications skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and colleagues; handle calls and inquiries in a timely manner
- Prioritizes work well and organize own time; able to multitask
- Ability to complete professional documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, schedules and client communications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top