Lead Researcher - Machine Learning & Data Mining
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate is looking to hire researchers to join our Innovation team at our downtown Chicago and Menlo Park(SF Bay area) locations.
Our team works on a diverse set of data and systems including GPS probe, Accident data, LiDAR and high-resolution imagery to create
driver safety solutions and helps build next-generation road risk assessing platforms for ADAS, and self- driving vehicles.
This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of some of the world's leading experts to build solutions that are not only groundbreaking,
but also help make driving safer and save lives.
Under supervision of Director- Engineering and Product, the Lead Researcher will develop novel algorithms and techniques that can leverage traditional maps,
real time traffic and techniques such as imagery object detection, scene recognition and structure from motion to solve tough problems like Accident avoidance and
prediction in highly autonomous vehicles. He/she will also assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize spatial and non-spatial risk data
using machine learning and statistical analysis and communicate to various stakeholders across and outside the company.
Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements from industry and the research community. A strong passion for empirical research is a necessary trait.
Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from academic researchers, senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product managers.
Occasionally make presentations on enterprise specific topics at meetings and conferences.
Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from research, software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience
on a periodic basis.
Provide oversight to junior level research associates, interns and Co-op employees.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a highly quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge designing algorithms to support broadcast of rapidly changing, latency-sensitive data.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Data mining analysis languages such as R, Pydata, Sql.
- Strong track record of solving problems using spatio-temporal analysis and automotive sensor data.
- Proficiency in statistical methods and analysis including a deep understanding of regression techniques.
- Proficiency in database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from spatial and non-spatial relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations reports, web content, or education materials.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques, algorithms (k-NN, Naive Bayes, Hidden Markov and others) and tools such as Mahout and MLLib.
- Past experience in predictive model development using Insurance data and working with actuaries.
- Experience related to ADAS and semi-autonomous vehicle systems is a plus.
- Experience in developing using Spark is a big plus.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top