Lead Product Designer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
In our team, people always come first – whether it's our customers or our teammates. We build for the customer – we focus on getting into the minds of consumers to design things that work for them. And in our daily interactions, we are always trying to make both our designs and our teammates better – whether it's by bouncing ideas off each other, by sharing new insights gleaned from research or observations, or by giving constructive feedback on what works and what doesn't. We work quickly and collaboratively, never hesitating to tackle any new challenge or surprise that arises. At the same time, we stay tapped into the pulse of the company, ensuring that our work is always relevant to the business and to our company's long-term vision. If this sounds like a team you would fit with, and you have the requisite skills and experience, then we'd be thrilled to hear from you.
This position is ideal for an experienced design lead / manager who wants to be involved in every step of designing and developing a new product or service. You will work with a highly collaborative design team to develop high-quality, impactful designs that resonate with their target audience.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing content and methods leadership in needfinding research to teams
- Leading the team in distilling ethnographic observations and other research findings into key insights that drive the design of products/services offered to that consumer group
- Challenging the team to think beyond the obvious and ensuring thoroughness, cohesiveness, and a strong overall story and flow from the insights
- Spurring idea generation through provoking questions and guidance to help address insights from myriad angles.
- Guiding user feedback sessions for in-depth, contextual (rather than superficial) understanding of user needs
- Leading the design team in executing on multiple rounds of rapid prototyping and user feedback
- Challenging the team to continuously question and improve design elements that have not perfectly aligned with insights and user feedback
- Bringing in external research / insights from psychology, design, behavior change, etc. to inform more effective design.
- Providing guidance and leadership on detailed design to ensure that design is deeply insightful and perceptive in addressing consumer needs from multiple angles.
- Ensuring the thoroughness and accuracy of Detailed Design document and all documentation
- Building relationships across the company to enable effective implementation of projects
- Leading critical conversations that arise during implementation when design decisions need to be revisited
- Providing valuable evaluation of trade-offs of different design alternatives and suggesting the best option forward
- Determining key analyses that need to be conducted in order to obtain the desired output/results
- Determining the correct metrics/measurements for user testing to ensure that nothing has been missed.
- Synthesizing and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data throughout the design process to create designs that truly improve the lives of consumers.
- Presenting findings and designs to senior management in an engaging way.
- Nurturing the talents and skills of team members to grow the team as a whole.
- Graduate-level student with a concentration in Product Design, Sociocultural Anthropology, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Psychology, or the like.
- 8-15 years' experience in Product Design, User Research, or similar field
- Experience in every stage of the design process:
- Ethnographic or needfinding research
- insight generation
- brainstorming & user feedback
- detailed product design & documentation
- user testing & data analysis
- Experience and success in leading and mentoring teammates
- Demonstrated ability to work across various disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution of a large project
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Team player with strong collaborative and mentoring skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Allstate does not sponsor individuals who are not already authorized to work in the United States.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top