Lead Platform Engineer
- Northbrook, IL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology - a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent - is that you?
The Global Security Fusion Center(GSFC) - Lifecycle Management & Automation team handles all of the GSFC's systems lifecycle, SOAR, and application development that the GSFC's teams' processes depend upon.
GSFC LM&A technical/delivery leads function as coordinators and technical subject matter experts for their focus groups. The lead for the platform focus group is responsible for ensuring the proper function of all GSFC systems, asset management, change management, project management for environment development/enhancement/implementation efforts, and comprehensive documentation. A growing team of 5-10 platform engineers will rely on this lead for technical advice and guidance. The LM&A manager will rely on this lead as the single point of contact for all platform related activities. This role reports to the Manager of GSFC Lifecycle Management & Automation.
- Serve as technical point of contact for new technologies to be used by the Global Security Fusion Center teams: conduct PoC's, make recommendations, procure products.
- Closely support and collaborate with other Global Security Fusion Center teams to identify requirements, develop plans to accomplish the requirements, test implementations, communicate/coordinate with affected customers and stake-holders, then release developed solutions.
- Provide leadership on critical incidents as needed
- Build strong partnerships with technical dependency teams
- Technical architecture
- Light project management
- Expert-level technical hands-on work
- Mentoring other platform engineers in OS, networking, IT operations
- Tracking and driving to completion all of the platform focus group's deliverables
- Verification of the on-going functionality of GSFC systems and applications (KTLO)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5-10+ years experience caring for operating systems.
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server environments
- Experience with virtualization (ie. VMWare) and containerization (ie. docker)
- Experience writing and working with automation scripts (bash, python, etc...)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring, backup solutions and strategies
- 5-10+ years experience in application care: admin, patching, vendor support interactions, etc.
- 5+ years experience in network fundamentals mastery:
- OSI/DoD network models
- switching and routing
- typical layer 3 and 4 protocols associated with IP
- application layer protocol knowledge
- stateful inspection firewalls
- Experience designing, architecting network/systems solutions
- Experience in a security related discipline: administration, threat intel, vulnerability management, penetration testing, incident handling, etc...
- Passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- ITIL knowledge a plus...
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
- Excels at prioritizing work and other demands for self and team
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top