Lead Platform Engineer
- Northbrook, IL
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
The Global Security Fusion Center(GSFC) - Lifecycle Management & Automation team handles all of the GSFC's systems lifecycle, SOAR, and application development that the GSFC's teams' processes depend upon. Technical / delivery leads function as coordinators and technical subject matter experts for their focus groups. The lead for the platform focus group is responsible for ensuring the proper function of all GSFC systems, asset management, change management, project management for environment development /enhancement / implementation efforts, and comprehensive documentation. A growing team of 5-10 platform engineers will rely on this lead for technical advice and guidance. The LM&A manager will rely on this lead as the single point of contact for all platform related activities. This role reports to the Manager of GSFC Lifecycle Management & Automation.
- Serve as technical point of contact for new technologies to be used by the Global Security Fusion Center teams: conduct PoC's, make recommendations, procure products
- Closely support and collaborate with other Global Security Fusion Center teams to identify requirements, develop plans to accomplish the requirements, test implementations, communicate / coordinate with affected customers and stake-holders, then release developed solutions
- Provide leadership on critical incidents as needed
- Build strong partnerships with technical dependency teams
- Technical architecture
- Light project management
- Expert-level technical hands-on work
- Mentoring other platform engineers in OS, networking, IT operations
- Tracking and driving to completion all of the platform focus group's deliverables
- Verification of the on-going functionality of GSFC systems and applications (KTLO)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years experience caring for operating systems
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server environments
- Experience with virtualization (ie. VMWare) and containerization (ie. docker)
- Experience writing and working with automation scripts (bash, python, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring, backup solutions and strategies
- 5+ years experience in application care: admin, patching, vendor support interactions, etc.
- 5+ years experience in network fundamentals mastery:
- OSI/DoD network models
- switching and routing
- typical layer 3 and 4 protocols associated with IP
- application layer protocol knowledge
- stateful inspection firewalls
- Experience designing and architecting network / systems solutions
- Experience in a security related discipline: administration, threat intel, vulnerability management, penetration testing, incident handling, etc.
- Passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
- Excels at prioritizing work and other demands for self and team
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top