Lead Network Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Lead Network Engineer (NE) executes, plans, and reviews complex enterprise networking implementations. While participating in the designs, plan, and maintain new or existing network hardware and software technology components. The NE Sr. Technician utilizes advanced systems, scripting skills to develop automation emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/ software technology components. The role creates reviews and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
The Lead Network Engineer - possesses deep knowledge of Enterprise Network Technologies including Routing/Switching, Cloud integration, and Network Management tools. S/he will also be knowledgeable of industry trends in network technology, and have good understanding of the interaction between network and other technologies including AWS, Azure, Oracle, Big Data, and VMWare. The Network Engineer - Sr. Technician leads creation of network standards, and is able to apply them in support of present and future business needs within the Allstate environment.
• Oversee Routing Switching technology aspects of Networking for Allstate, maintaining a perspective of the how the industry is heading, talking to other companies, and bringing back to Allstate other customer experiences.
• Assist in creating and maintaining roadmaps for product lifecycles, including the year to year budget, which is presented on a bi annual basis to leadership.
• Create standardized solutions that are documented and provide training to staff. Inclusive of recommending technologies, evaluating technologies, implementing one or more of these in a proof of concept, and then transitioning the work to peers or a fulfillment team for completion. Develop, plan, and implement highly complex change, sign off on less complex changes, and monitor changes as needed depending on delegations.
• Ability to present written or verbal communications to senior leadership, inclusive of resource requirements or budgeting forecast.
• Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components. Collaborate with operations to address concerns with mean time to repair, which could be used to perform incident avoidance.
• Ability to automate network technologies, so that we can speed our deliver or operations, using common tools at noted in the skills requirements.
• Superior analytical skills. Oversee and drive effort to analyze highly complex problems and solution alternatives. Recommend best alternatives and implement upon approval.
• Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
• Provide coaching and direction for more junior engineers, serving as Subject Matter Expert for network requirements within assigned areas of responsibility.
• Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
• Education required: College degree or equivalent work experience
• Proven experience designing and engineering in a large enterprise network or ISP
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise network systems
• Experience in Python scripting and Rest API
• Cisco Data Center and Access layer switching and routing hardware and software(NXOS, IOS, etc.).
• Routing (Complex BGP, OSPF, route redistribution, VRF lite, Static routing, route maps, ECMP)
• Switching (PVST+, RSPT preferred, MST, MLAG)
• QOS - CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
• Multicast (PIM-SM)
• Protocol analysis (TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
• VPN's (Point to Point Vpn's, Dmvpn)
• Experience with Network management integration with SNMP, Syslog, and event handling
• Experience in implementing network based security 802.1x, Port Security, NAT, IPSEC
• Experience installing a Data center SDN, Cisco ACI, Cumulus, or other, into production
• Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with or book knowledge with Cisco ACI (application / network centric migrations.
• Experience in developing Service Level Management - developing SLA's and quantifying Availability of the Network.
• Firewall configuration / management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top