Lead GIS Analyst - Autonomous Vehicle Services
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Enter the epicenter. We’ve brought our Innovation Hub to Chicago’s Merchandise Mart to put our sharpest minds together in a modern and dynamic environment to help us achieve industry innovation—together. We’re not alone here. With other disruptive tenants we’re creating consumer-centric solutions and driving digital transformation in Chicago.
Our community of talented minds is looking to add to the party and share this state-of-the-art workspace with other likeminded data scientists, entrapreneurs, digital strategists, and technologists. Grab some snacks. Play some ping pong. Take a break by the river. Jam on a smartboard. The space is energizing, but the ideas, people, and work are electric. This is a place where you and your team will grow and make an impact on consumers, communities, and the business.
This position is part of a team that supports the enterprise GIS operations and analysis. Under supervision of the Director Product Development, the Lead GIS Analyst is responsible for the creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial databases and applications with the use of the ArcGIS suite of desktop products and extensions and on-line mapping tools. The Lead GIS Analyst will also compile and publish web and maps, craft workflows/methodologies for analysis or data creation, and build geo-processing operations using Python and ModelBuilder. The candidate should also have experience in statistical analysis, developing metrics, producing reports and graphics. The candidate will assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize spatial and non-spatial data for business intelligence purposes and program performance measurement by various stakeholders. Some project supervision and employee oversight is included among the responsibilities of this position.
- Develop and maintain geospatial datasets including those stored in relational databases.
- Create and maintain process automation related to data maintenance.
- Complete documentation of datasets and processes.
- Coordination of some short- and long-term enterprise GIS projects
- Provide geospatial support to internal and external teams with data development, data scrubbing and analysis, on-line and hardcopy map creation, setup of ETL processes, training, and setup of field data collection apps.
- Create and maintain of web map applications published via ArcGIS On-Line Query, analyze and prepare statistics on spatial and non-spatial data within relational databases.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using Python.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using ArcGIS ModelBuilder
- Prepare and execute queries in spatial and non-spatial databases using SQL.
- Interact with outside contractors assigned to a specific project.
- Occasionally conduct presentations on enterprise specific topics at meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions related to mapping software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience on as needed basis.
- Provide oversight of subordinate, intern and Co-op employees.
- Proficiency in statistical methods and analysis including correlation and regression.
- Proficiency in database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from spatial and non-spatial relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations reports, web content, or education materials.
- Proficiency in authoring Python scripts for automation of routines and geoprocesses.
- Advanced-level proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software suite.
- Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with ArcGIS extensions Model Builder, Spatial Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, and Network Analyst.
- Spatial data creation, editing and maintenance proficiency in ESRI ArcSDE 10.x.
- Cartographic design experience for web and hardcopy maps.
- Advanced-level proficiency using Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in project planning and time management (setting and meeting goals, using calendars, etc).
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online to assist with implementing dashboards, open data tools and Collector for ArcGIS Versioned and distributed editing, replication and in ArcGIS SDE environment.
- Previous experience building ETL processes using scripting languages or Safe Software’s FME.
- Experience with non-Esri software to generate on-line and hardcopy map and data products.
- Experience providing training, presentations or seminars.
- VB .NET to customize ArcGIS projects, automate mapping and data maintenance tasks, and develop useful applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which has included major course work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Urban Planning, Public Health, Natural Resources (analytical/GIS focus), Statistics, Information or Computer Science, or Civil Engineering
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit “Managing Your Career” located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top