Lead Fullstack Engineer- Java/React
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is recruiting Full-Stack Software Engineers with the goal of building digital products that deliver on the strategic sales platform.
You will develop code all day, every day, on a full stack cloud platform, leveraging test-driven development and continuous integration/delivery.
You will work in a highly structured, paired programming environment to enable learning and maximize productivity.
This is a tremendous opportunity to be a part of a team creating next-generation technologies, capabilities, and products that set Allstate apart from the competition.
• You are passionate about software engineering with a willingness to fail fast and iterate to success.
• You're ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of customers.
• You collaborate well with others and have well developed communication skills.
• You have experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies.
• You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
• 2-4 years experience with Spring Boot Frameworks, Java and Hibernate
• 2-4 years experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle)
• Hands on front end experience (HTML5, CSS3) developing responsive designed applications
• Hands on experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals required
• Cloud computing experience (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
• Experience with automated testing frameworks (Jest, Jasmine and Selenium)
• Source Control Management experience (preferably Git/GitHub)
• Proven ability to lead multiple high priority initiatives with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
• Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
• Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top