Lead Client Computing/End User Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Client Computing team is part of the Client and Middleware (IS) department. It is responsible for engineering, managing, supporting and providing improvements to all aspects of our end user client solutions.
Major focus of this team is to plan, design and implement services for managed desktop, virtual desktops, and mobile device management. This includes hardware certification, OS builds and engineering, and base application management, amongst other duties. The scope of this job is an experienced Senior Level Service Engineer: will be to ensure to work with Senior and Junior Staff members providing overall direction to support and infrastructure.
Participating in build, test activities for Client Computing infrastructure; design and engineering of desktop services; provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes. Senior Level Service Engineer would be working with other members on the team to evaluate, support new technologies as well as handling day to day operations work. Other responsibilities would include consultation and collaboration with architecture, network engineering, messaging, enterprise server, as well as other areas. This resource will closely work with Junior and Senior resources for providing coaching/guidance and training opportunities within the team. Senior Level Service Engineer is responsible to stay abreast of technology developments, research select new techniques that will ensure client offerings align the information technology goals with strategic goals
- Strong understanding of end user computing technology and strategy
- Close working relationship with architecture and other infrastructure teams
- Provide 3 rd level support for Client Computing for end users, application and administration teams.
- Assist and work with Leadership team in troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including network, storage, messaging, and server.
- Participate in future architecture solutions and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
- Strong understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, Enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization.
- Assist in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability.
- Assist in coordinating and deployment of application and infrastructure related changes
- Follow best practices for the supported technology
- Must abide by change process, support and request queue
- Assist in developing, define and create best practices processes for directory infrastructure
- Able to work weekends, shift and on-call if necessary.
- Strong experience in Windows OS
- Understanding of Enterprise Mobility Management solutions for mobile device management, contextual authentication, and data loss protection
- Understanding of Modern Desktop Management concepts and techniques for managing traditional Windows desktops and Macs
- Good experience in Network, Storage, Messaging, Citrix, Active Directory, and Security
- Fair to Good experience with IELC including Design and Engineering Process and Documentation, Requirements gathering, and Operational and Design Documentation
- Good experience with Change Processes
- Mac experience a plus
- PowerShell scripting a plus
- SCCM experience a plus
- Office and SharePoint experience a plus
- Application Virtualization experience a plus
- Endpoint Management experience a plus
- Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams.
- Assertiveness - Assist in troubleshooting incidents until root cause resolutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
•Bachelors in Computers Science, or related field, with 5+ years of field experience.
- All Technical certification is a plus.
ITIL Methodology a plus
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top