Lead Business Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science department (D3) is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of data, research and analytical projects. The Business Analytics Consulting (BAC) family uses business and technical acumen to find applications of analytics to solve business problems across the enterprise.
The BAC Lead position is a lead consultant/manager position responsible for coordinating, leading, and managing the development analytical solutions to help make and lead business decisions. The BAC Lead is responsible for leading the efforts of a team that provides high complexity analytical and data driven solutions to key business stakeholders. This role is accountable for initiating/maintaining the relationships with key business stakeholders, and identifying opportunities for increased collaboration between D3 and business partners. This role will be exposed to the ins and out of developing data strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.
- Identify and prioritize new opportunities for analytics through the following business consulting responsibilities:
- Relationship Management: Constantly works to identify, build maintain and influence business stakeholders. Connects people and existing/ongoing work (internal and external to D3) to business problems
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Understands broad impact of business decisions and works with business partners to contribute to strategic vision and identify business problems to turn them into valuable and actionable projects. Drives activities to develop strategies and identify high priory initiatives
- Business Process Mapping: Provides in-depth knowledge as to where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make key business decisions Documents all communications, processes, data and considerations involved in the project. Has a solid understating of how the business works, what their operational processes look like, and where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make more effective data-driven decisions
- Experimentation, Research & Innovation: Keeps abreast of industry and technology developments and experiment to identify new tools, methods and techniques to meet the needs of the business
- Implement and operationalize analytics insights, products and solutions through the following responsibilities:
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: With a deep knowledge of data visualization, develops solutions using tools such as Tableau in order to effectively communicate and lead the translation of data and analytics insights in business terms to key stakeholders
- Technical Support of Analytics Development Life Cycle: Supports Data Scientists with high-level model design by providing business requirements, creating data visualizations, and providing an understanding of data domains and their impact to the business
- Program Coordination/Product Owner: Leads high complexity high impact projects/products from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
- Communication & Change Management: Leads clear project/product communications throughout the project/product process to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them. Additionally, leads and maintains partnerships through the development process to in order to ensure the successful transition of moderately complex research to an operational state within the business unit
- May manage other BAC team members and provide regular coaching and direction
- Bachelor's degree required. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus.
- Possess advanced quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Ability to lead complex analysis and work with broad parameters in complex situations in order to drive meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques in order to drive alignment and decision making with senior leaders
- Demonstrate an advance understanding of Allstate systems and data in order to provide guidance to business clients
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Advanced skill in motivation, organization and time management
- Ability to manage, lead and coach others
- Advance skill in motivation and facilitate teamwork in order to inspire trust among peers and business clients to build strong relationships
- Experience of leading multiple data and technical projects and/or work streams simultaneously
- Great ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills; persuasively presenting ideas to ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top