Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Law Clerk job family supports the efficient operation of the Law & Regulation (L&R) department by applying knowledge of legal concepts and processes. Under the direction of the organization's attorneys and paralegals, the Law Clerk conducts legal research, drafts routine legal documents, assists with project intake and execution, assists with technology, and manages data and files.
The Corporate Governance department consists of approximately 8 attorneys and other professionals who provide legal counsel to and representation of The Allstate Corporation (Allstate) and its subsidiaries. Corporate Governance work includes, but is not limited to, board of director and committee support for Allstate, SEC advice and counsel, corporate governance advice and counsel to Allstate and its subsidiaries, advice and counsel with respect to Allstate's annual shareholders meeting, preparation of the proxy statement, review and preparation of other SEC periodic and current filings, assistance with shareholder engagement, and advice and counsel on securities issuances.
Provides a wide range of support to members of department under direction of manager; implements department practices and procedures; gathers information for analysis; collects, disseminates, and tracks documents and information; researches and summarizes relevant issues; assists with management of new matters; helps ensure accurate and timely information; distributes documents for review; drafts certain documents and communications; obtains necessary approvals and signatures; summarizes basic legal research; support filings with regulatory agencies and completes transactional assignments.
- Assist with intake of new matters; enter new matter data and upload new documents
- Assist with project management, coordination, and collaboration with business clients within L&R
- Gather documents and information for attorney/paralegal analysis
- Draft documents and communications with oversight
- Conduct basic legal research and communicate results
- Summarize relevant basic legal and business issues and update attorney/paralegal
- Distribute documents for review as required
- Obtain necessary approvals and signatures
- Validate current processes and identify need for process change
- Support filings with regulatory agencies (including required follow-up issues, requests, etc.)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Years of experience: 0-3 years
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office suite, Adobe Professional, and other web-based applications (including but not limited to Lexis and other legal research tools)
- Basic writing, researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Able to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and work with general supervision
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top