Knowledge Management - Content Strategist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Content Strategist in Northbrook, IL!
In the Content Strategist role, you will be responsible for helping customers maximize the business value of their investment in Allstate's content platform by ensuring that they are able to design efficient authoring workflows for their content creators and to create compelling mobile-first digital content experiences for their end users.
Working closely with customers, you will translate ambiguous customer requirements and objectives into clear and actionable content strategy plans and then guide customers through the successful execution of those plans.
- Analyze customers' business needs to develop relevant content strategies that drive key business results
- Evaluate customers' existing content (print, web, PowerPoint, etc.) assets and make recommendations for converting that content into Inkling HTML and/or sourcing new content needed to drive user experiences
- Create recommendations for hierarchical content architectures
- Collaborate with Allstate front-end designers to build customers-specific content templates
- Work in a cross-functional team with colleagues from our Design, Implementation and Product groups to ensure customers are successful and meet their business objectives
- Comfort and confidence facilitating customer workshops that generate enthusiasm and clarity among customers for their Inkling content projects
- Comfort diving into high-stakes, ambiguous situations and drive to transform them quickly into clear, actionable plans
- Passion for creating great digital content experiences and proven record of helping customers build them
- Deep empathy for both content end users and content creators
- Strong problem-solving skills — both individual and collaborative — and love for thorny content challenges
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Expertise in digital instructional design best practices
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a client-facing digital content role
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and passion for digital storytelling
- Commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with customers and colleagues
- Willingness to travel
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Military candidates encouraged to apply CLK789
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top