Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Want to work at one of 50 Happiest Companies in America? Interested in joining a collective of creative, innovative and passionate people who look forward to what they do every day?
Allstate's growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a UX Writer who want to do innovative work in a flexible and fun environment. Does working with other smart, creative people sound intriguing? You'll be asked to brainstorm big, exciting initiatives and complete smaller everyday assignments. But no matter what you're working on, you'll enjoy the positive support of your team and guidance of industry veterans in an environment where you'll be encouraged to spread your wings.
As a UX Writer, you will help write and organize copy across a wide range of digital experiences - from user experience copy, microcopy, microsites, applications and other online media. You will report to the Associate Creative Director/Lead Copywriter and will work closely with visual designers, product designers, researchers, strategists and user experience architects to ensure all content is brand appropriate, aligned and approved by the necessary stakeholders.
Your in-depth understanding of digital messaging and desire to write content for best-in-class user experiences will be critical.
- Support content development & write for UX projects
- Create content that's thoughtful and moves people to action
- Flex a range of writing skills, from technical to conceptual
- Write, edit and proofread in a collaborative setting
- Write copy that's appropriate for user needs, from marketing to UX copy
- Ensure the right words and content appear at the right time in the user experience, accounting for demographics, personas, and other factors
- Ensure brand voice and tone guidelines are applied and consistent across all touch points
- Partner with UX Architects, Design, Research, Business and Technology team members on content goals for projects
- Brainstorm creative ideas with a group and express your opinion
- Handle and enjoy projects from huge initiatives to simple requests
- Manage your time under a variety of conditions
- Stay on top of trends by attending national seminars and workshops
- Bachelor's degree
- Smart, solid book with samples that show how you think and write
- 3-5 years as a copywriter or UX Writer
- Strong digital/marketing/advertising background preferred
- Direct-to-consumer digital knowledge a plus
- Experience with content management tools and deliverables
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Content Strategy
- UX or Human Factors training
- Basic understanding of html/CSS
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top