Journey Analytics Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Translates empirical data into insights and leverages that data to empower client groups to develop process improvements that will positively impact the overall customer experience and improve economics (retention, cross-sell, efficiency gains and production). Prepare the customer sentiment and operational performance data in a way that generates trust, comfort, understanding, and action.
The Journey Analytics Senior Consultant provides analytic support to create actionable insights that guide, shape and inform journey work, including developing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) for journeys.
This position will support Journey Leads by leveraging a variety of data sources and relationships with leaders both in and outside of the department, including collaborating with other analytical teams across the enterprise (D3, MARA, UXR, etc.) to complete complex assignments that support business goals.
- Day to day analysis of multiple complex data sets (reporting, text analytics, quantitative analytics, retention analytics, etc.)
- Contributes to the organization's analytic capabilities by partnering with other analytic groups (D3, MARA, UXR, etc.) to share insights, approaches and learnings
- Coaches and mentors junior analysts and helps enhance their technical skills
- Executes measurement strategy for developing and measuring journey KPIs that help us understand the impact of our improvements
- Uses broadly defined analytical methods and concepts to formulate and prove/disprove various hypotheses
- Performs and evaluates complex trend analysis using analytic and/or statistical methods
- Develops insights from complex analyses in easy-to-understand summaries (decks, presentations, training materials, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Supports the team lead by assisting with workflow management
- Challenges accepted ways of operating to drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Promotes idea generation from analytical and reporting data
- Creative problem solver, curious and inquisitive - can navigate a landscape with limited direction
- Operates with a sense of urgency, passion for the customer and energetic
- Experienced in joining multiple data sources (including operational, demographic and satisfaction data) in varying formats and structures to conduct analyses (SQL, Oracle, Python, VBA, Access, R, etc)
- Experienced in designing "test and control" scenarios and measuring the impact of various treatments on results
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to translate data into easily consumable information for non-technical employees
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Ability to coach peers to develop their technical skills
- 3-5 years of experience in the use of managing data sources and applications to conduct research
- 3-5 years of relational database experience
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top