Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Unified Customer View - Technology Solutions (UCV-TS) team is responsible for delivering new functionality to support the UCV data platform providing the business with a 360 view of customer information across all channels. This role will be responsible for supporting development needs for UCV's core engine and services.
- Develop a deep understanding of the core Java components used in the UCV platform and how these interface with other technologies and other aspects of the platform
- Design, test and develop solutions to meet the strategic needs of the UCV program
- Provide support and subject matter expertise to the Production Support team on production issues related to the application's Java components
- Contribute to process Improvement by producing ideas for system improvements including associated cost benefits
- Complete transitions of newly delivered functionality with Production Support including relevant documentation
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in core Java development
- Previous experience using the following technologies - Spring framework, iBatis, EJB, J2EE
- Previous experience of Websphere Application Server (WAS)
- Have a proven track record of leading analysis into complex technical requirements and producing high quality solutions
- Possess the ability to complete a transition of new technical skills and application knowledge in a short time frame
- Previous experience of being the primary resource taking the lead on investigation into complex system issues and producing resolutions in a timely manner
- Have strong communication skills and possess the ability to work independently when required but also as part of a team
- Have a clear understanding of industry best practices and knowledge of emerging software trends
Previous experience of Initiate Infosphere 11.5
Previous experience working with Master Data Management including API's, Matching and Task processes
Previous experience in Tibco BE
Previous experience working with relational databases (preferably ORACLE)
Previous experience working with Non-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
Previous experience working in an Agile methodology
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top