IT Sourcing Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Information Technology Sourcing and Category management team leads the enterprise wide category planning and procurement of all IT hardware, software, telecommunications and "X' as a service (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) solutions. The team leverages modern category management principles and strategic sourcing strategies to deliver value across the enterprise; value being defined as demand management, third party risk management, total cost of ownership considerations, quality improvements and speed to market delivery. Contained within this (in partnership with Law and Regulation), is the development of contractual instruments that protect the interests of Allstate and are agile to address the changing needs of the enterprise.
This position is responsible for all aspects of sourcing and procuring information technology (IT) goods and services (e.g. hardware, software, telecom, hosting, etc.) and ongoing category and risk management of IT suppliers and associated contracting activities in support of Allstate's operations.
- In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the IT Procurement Business Partner and Category Lead includes serving as a Trusted Advisor to all enterprise leaders requiring the purchase of IT related solutions through third parties. Included is this work is
- Partnering across the enterprise to develop "forward looking" sourcing and category management strategies for the acquisition of technology based assets; key output is a rolling 12-18-month pipeline
- Ensuring full consideration of demand management and robust asset optimization practices to leverage existing resources (technology assets) where appropriate and "assisting the business in "right sizing" and "standardizing" requirements enabling broader deployment across the enterprise
- Ensuring the full integration and inclusion of enabling parties (ATSV Infrastructure, Information Security, Risk, Privacy) in the acquisition process, ensuring compliance to enterprise standard practices, policies and protocols
- Drive continuous year over year improvements and increasing addressable spending under procurement management and savings through IT Procurement.
- Direct, sponsor and ensure success of enterprise wide IT sourcing activities in pursuit of sustainable TCO reductions and improvements in the quality, competitiveness, service levels and risk management.
- Responsible for attaining cost reduction goals on an annual basis.
- Responsible for driving Allstate's supplier diversity practices and principles across the enterprise, resulting in increased mentoring and Tier 1 and Tier 2 spend.
- Ensure best in class processes, policies and tools are deployed and maintained in support of IT Sourcing and procurement activities across the enterprise.
- Lead/oversee negotiations of all IT service contracts; as appropriate provide leadership across the Procurement organization in the spirit of developing our learning environment.
- Work closely with Legal, Risk Management, Payables, Tax and other staff functions to ensure a consistent set of contracting terms and conditions are utilized through the enterprise that allow for efficient contracting, by type of sourcing activity, while protecting the interests of the Allstate enterprise.
- Drive IT supplier management activities that optimize the enterprise relationships with key suppliers, identify supplier performance opportunities and issues and quickly address supplier performance weaknesses and contractual disputes.
- Represent IT Sourcing strategies in major corporate decisions and initiatives.
- Drive center - led IT Procurement integration efforts across business units and support functions to leverage aggregate volume, supplier relationships and best practices.
- Attract, develop and retain distinctive talent, both with technical IT and strategic sourcing skills.
- Participate on the Allstate CIO leadership team as needed
- Highly interactive with broader procurement organization with critical focus on the strategic incorporation of IT procurement demand is pivotal to another category success.
- Frequent interaction with CIO and staff.
- Lead Allstate interface with IT Suppliers.
- Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, finance, or related field
- MBA, CPM and/or CPCU strongly preferred
- 15+ years of business experience, in sourcing and procurement, or supplier management
- Extensive knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace
- Significant negotiations experience, with large and/or highly complex products and services
- Ability to manage directional decisions for assignment-related activities, resource allocation, HR development/ movement and information management
- Significant experience with RFP development and execution
- Advanced supplier relationship management skill set
- Collaborative leadership and strategic thinking
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with executive levels from both internal customers and external suppliers
- Advanced project leadership and organizational skills
- Analytical and data analysis capabilities, including cost models
- Proactive issue identification and analysis, solution development that supports and/or aligns with client strategies, and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop employees
- Awareness and alignment to corporate and SPS goals
- Ability to provide ownership of departmental direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstration of continued development via obtainment of professional designation/advanced degrees (e.g., CPM, CPCU, CPA, MBA)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top