IT Service Desk Representative
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The IT Service Desk Representative will be a part of the Allstate Technology Support Center (ATSC) in Roanoke, Virginia. The ATSC provides support for Agency applications, hardware and connectivity. The IT Service Desk Representative will provide technical call center support for Allstate Insurance Exclusive and Independent Agencies. Under minimal supervision and guidance, this individual will receive inbound calls/chats, investigate and resolve issues reported by Agents and Support Staff, update applicable documentation, and effectively demonstrate customer care principles in all interactions.
- Creates, analyzes, and resolves customer incidents/requests/trends
- Under minimal direction provides technical support to customer, utilizing established protocol(s).
Investigates, recognizes, resolves and/or reports technology trends. Escalates more complex problems to a more senior level
- Manages the expectations of customers
- Tests systems and applications
- Duplicate, troubleshoot, and investigate user problems
- Recommends system and/or content modifications to reduce user problems
- Informs, recommends and/or manages timely and relevant information to our internal and external business partners
- Notifies appropriate parties of outages and/or brokens and changes in ticket status
- Takes complete ownership of the incident and follow-up
- Submits documentation updates
- Demonstrates understanding of technical business platforms, processes and environment
- Navigates business platforms
- Utilizes available resources to resolve basic to intermediate customer inquiries and/or technical issues.
Hours: *Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00am to 9:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Training will be for 6 weeks between the hours of 8:00am to 5:30pm.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior experience working with customers over the phone is required
- Minimum of 1 year of service desk, help desk, call center or other customer service experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Preferred Competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top