IT Security Governance/Assurance Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As an application security and network / server infrastructure security consultant you will contribute to our compliance program (PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX) by providing technical project management and facilitating creation of associated technical documentation with various business stakeholders. You will also validate required security controls are in place around our scope comprised of people, processes, and technology.
A broad range of professional skills along with strong interpersonal skills will be required for problem-solving, collaboration with virtual cross-functional work groups, along with tracking and reporting of compliance gaps to closure and final resolution. This resource is expected serve as a trusted advisor that can clearly articulate Allstate security policies, standards, and guidelines to both technical and business audiences alike.
Key Responsibilities include
- Compliance program support, scope management, along with 2nd level triage of consultative requests engaging Internal Security Assessor (ISA), Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), external auditors, security architects, and program management as required
- Archer GRC tool administration for security controls assessment workflow and evidence gathering within the compliance and issues management modules
- Reviewing hardening guidelines validating adherence for various technologies such as workstations, appliances, networking equipment, security infrastructure, servers (physical/virtual) and the applications/middleware they host.
- Tracking remediation of any findings (from internal/external gap assessments, network penetration testing, application pen testing, internal/external vulnerability scans, etc)
- Review data flow diagrams, network, or conceptual architectural diagrams, validate documentation of ports and services required for management or integration with other systems
- Review Software Development Life Cycle with application support teams to understand how credentials are migrated to production, code review process, separation of duties, development environment, change control practices
- Review with app support teams internal processes to mitigate OWASP vulnerabilities
- Support delivery leads in promoting and consulting on the positions that help strengthen and secure the organization by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions.
- Help facilitate review of changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of security controls to meet compliance requirements
- Help consult with stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business / technology solutions to assure compliance to compliance frameworks and internal standards and governing policies and procedures
- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results as a trusted advisor
Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently in a "semi-structured" environment, but also recognizes when guidance is needed from program management and delivery leaders.
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience -- network security and/or IT audit preferred
- Minimum 3 years of project management, consulting, and/or security engineering or architecture experience
- Relevant postsecondary education and/or industry standard certifications preferred (i.e., CompTIA, Cisco, CheckPoint, Microsoft, EC-Council, ISACA, ISC2, SANS Institute/GIAC, PCIP)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple, competing projects/priorities while achieving targeted completion results
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand.
- Ability to effectively work with technical and non-technical resources, able to partner with multiple business groups, senior managers, and senior network architects or engineers
- Ability to write "high quality" documentation and/or presentations is a must
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to stay up to date with the current cybersecurity threat landscape to account for changing circumstances when evaluating security risks, maintain technical proficiency via self or formal training
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple domains and security disciplines:
- General knowledge of: PCI DSS 3.2, HIPAA applicable security / privacy controls, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, NIST 800-53, NIST cybersecurity framework, and COBIT
- General working knowledge of common application security architecture and vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10), attack techniques and remediation tactics/strategies.
- A demonstrable passion for application security, general understanding of SDLC processes and key security checkpoints along with software development methodologies (Agile, XP, Waterfall, etc).
- Basic knowledge of Security Analysis (manual and leveraging automated scanning tools). Familiarity with both static analysis and/or dynamic scanning tools.
Preference toward candidates with experience working within large Financial/Insurance organizations on regulatory or contractual information security compliance projects
This position can be located in Northbrook IL or Irving Tx.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top