IT Security Governance / Assurance Sr. Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As an application security and network / server infrastructure security consultant you will contribute to our compliance program (PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX) by providing technical project management and facilitating creation of associated technical documentation with various business stakeholders. You will also validate required security controls are in place around our scope comprised of people, processes, and technology.
A broad range of professional skills along with strong interpersonal skills will be required for problem-solving, collaboration with virtual cross-functional work groups, along with tracking and reporting of compliance gaps to closure and final resolution. This resource is expected serve as a trusted advisor that can clearly articulate Allstate security policies, standards, and guidelines to both technical and business audiences alike.
Key Responsibilities include
- Compliance program support, scope management, along with 2nd level triage of consultative requests engaging Internal Security Assessor (ISA), Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), external auditors, security architects, and program management as required
- Archer GRC tool administration for security controls assessment workflow and evidence gathering within the compliance and issues management modules
- Reviewing hardening guidelines validating adherence for various technologies such as workstations, appliances, networking equipment, security infrastructure, servers (physical/virtual) and the applications/middleware they host.
- Tracking remediation of any findings (from internal/external gap assessments, network penetration testing, application pen testing, internal/external vulnerability scans, etc)
- Review data flow diagrams, network, or conceptual architectural diagrams, validate documentation of ports and services required for management or integration with other systems
- Review Software Development Life Cycle with application support teams to understand how credentials are migrated to production, code review process, separation of duties, development environment, change control practices
- Review with app support teams internal processes to mitigate OWASP vulnerabilities
- Support delivery leads in promoting and consulting on the positions that help strengthen and secure the organization by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions.
- Help facilitate review of changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of security controls to meet compliance requirements
- Help consult with stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business / technology solutions to assure compliance to compliance frameworks and internal standards and governing policies and procedures
- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results as a trusted advisor
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top