IT Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role sits in our Charlotte, NC office
Job Family Summary
This job is for an ATSV Product Manager working to delivery automation for the Allstate Agency domains. The person in this role will lead a technology team to deliver products used by agents, agency staff and field sales leaders in the Exclusive Agency and Independent Agency Channels.
The Product Management team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing and innovative ATSV product portfolios. This job is responsible for making sure that we are building the right thing and then defining KPIs that act as leading indicators for success. Product Managers collaboratively work with AOR and ATSV Product Teams and vendors to deliver digital products.
The Product Manager Lead Consultant is responsible for contributing towards defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing ATSV product portfolio. The Product Manager Lead Consultant assists the product owner and business stakeholders with establishing strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their products.
Successful Product Managers help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions using product discovery techniques. The Product Manager Lead Consultant is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Additionally, the Product Manager Lead Consultant is responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers.
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
This role sits in our Charlotte, NC office
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience in creating software products
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Experience in working on global delivery teams is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top