IT and Security Senior Auditor
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to leadership teams and senior executives on whether significant operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning technical processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature. You will develop your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of your audit.
Our audits provide great opportunities to work on reviews of various aspects of Information Technology like cybersecurity, emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, SaaS), security, IT operations and exposure to cutting edge technology methodology such as Agile. We also collaborate with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout Allstate. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate, while making a difference in the company.
This Senior IT Auditor position is part of a larger team responsible for assessing technology risk and control within Allstate. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within the technology arena. This Senior IT auditor will lead risk-based IT and Integrated audits and directly reports to the IT Audit Manager. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge, experiences and internal/external networks can be leveraged to achieve results. In addition, this role plays a key function in developing the lead auditors of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching, and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
- Lead assigned IT audit projects to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results.
- Identifies risks and controls within applications and systems that supports key business processes and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
- Develops the audit program, manages the execution of the audit test procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence and ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached
- Focus on staff development during the execution of our audit engagements
- Drafts high quality reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve Allstate IA processes, including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
- Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
- Three or more years of IT related experience with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex technical and process issues
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate's business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, strong partnering skills, and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- Auditing or IT auditing experience is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of IT audit experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Public accounting / consulting related experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business or IT required.
- CPA, CIA, CISSP or CISA is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top