iOS Mobile Developer - Expert
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Mobile Application Developer Expert oversees and advises on code/design analysis and strategy, supports project management, develops code and design for the most complex projects, and oversees the review of code, design, and testing. This person serves as a subject matter expert in one or more application areas, utilizing broad technical expertise to identify new application solutions and improve process efficiency. The Expert level developer coaches and mentors all application developers.
- First and foremost, this is a hands-on development position.
- Oversees business, functional, and high level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit)
- Directs the technical strategy by Identifying opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Manages complex technical design components and act as a referral expert in mobile technology, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Oversees design reviews
- Analyzes downstream and client process impact and make recommendations
- Works with Scrum Masters to identify opportunities for improving project estimating processes
- Determines programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Performs coding of highly complex modules as a subject matter expert
- Manages and make recommendations for project change management approach
- Serves as a subject matter expert in area of responsibility for ADs
- Validates and make recommendations for quality standards for completed code reviews
- Oversees the creation of accurate test plans, conditions, and conduct
- Defines and manage process by which support and technical assistance is performed
- Manages the resolution of highly complex problems
- Utilizes broad technical and/or business expertise to identify alternatives and recommend solutions
- Identifies opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Oversees change management activities
- Approves application configuration created by other application developers
- Ensures that the development team follows appropriate guidelines, such as Test Driven Development
- 7+ years of professional development experience, with significant experience in Objective C and Swift
- Solid experience with Xcode
- Expert in Agile Scrum or XP methodologies.
- Experienced with Jira, Jenkins, and CI/CD automation pipelines
- BA/BS in computer science or electrical engineering required.
- Experience solving complex problems.
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Results oriented as demonstrated by proven ability to meet short deadlines and execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision.
- Understanding of SQL and no SQL relational databases
- Understanding of architectural patterns and experience designing software architecture
- CI/CD, Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, Confluence, Slack
- Scrum/XP experience
- Experience writing and integrating RESTful Webservices
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with high volume mobile apps
- XCUI Testing Framework
- Experience managing developers
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience creating SDKs
- Experience with Open Source Technologies
- HomeBrew, Mac OSX, Linux, CocoaPods, Maven, TestFlight
- Security minded, experienced with Encryption, Oauth, and OWASP Standards
- SQL Lite, Keychain Access, Touch ID
- Experience building and deploying apps to the App Sto
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top