Investments-Data Integrity Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for an Investments Data Integrity Consultant in Northbrook, IL!
The Data Integrity Group (DIG Team) is responsible for the management and oversight of procedures and controls that are designed to ensure that critical Investment Data is accurate and consistent across systems. There are multiple processes that the DIG team owns that are designed to help them achieve this goal. The Eagle Security Reference Master (SRM) tool is designed to establish and maintain a Golden Copy of Allstate Investment Security Master detail. By proactively validating data before it is propagated to downstream applications, the DIG team ensures consistency and validity to data across Investment Department applications. The DIG team is also responsible for the management of detective control applications, like the Data Validation and Control (DVC) applications. This tool permits the DIG team to canvas investment accounting and warehouse data for consistency and integrity prior to its use in financial reporting. The DIG team also employs a number of one-off tools and reports to ensure that Credit Rating, Pricing, Trade, and Cash Settlement data, among others, is represented accurately across our many Investment applications.
DIG Team Consultants are primarily responsible for independently executing complex key controls on a daily and monthly basis according to established processing standards. These team members are expected to manage their assignments based on prioritization and direction that is set by their supervisors. In addition DIG Team Senior Accountants are expected to have basic understanding of the Investment System Data Flows and be able to research data exceptions independently. DIG Team Consultants are expected to execute their procedures as per the team's operational support documentation, identify when practice deviates from the documented processes, and make recommendations as necessary. DIG Team Consultants are also expected to participate on team projects as assigned.
- Analyze daily and monthly exceptions such as Data Validation Control (DVC) and Security Reference Master (SRM) reports to locate, investigate, and resolve data anomalies
- Resolve data exceptions within specified guidelines when possible, and prompt escalation when needed
- Perform preliminary root cause analysis and make recommendations for procedure and control modifications to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Production and analysis of monthly reports by the close deadlines
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide reports and answer questions
- Provide monthly, quarterly or annual reports and analysis to other areas within Allstate Insurance as assigned
- Work on other projects related to the DIG processes.
- Participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as continual process improvement, strengthening of controls, peer analysis and team education sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations and Finance to resolve data anomalies and research issues
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
- 2-4 years of professional accounting or reporting experience
- 2+ years working with relational data bases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- 2+ years working with OLAP tool (Crystal Reports, Micro Strategy, etc.)
- Basic SQL skills
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- CPA/CFA Candidate preferred
- Working knowledge of the Investment Industry in general
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top