Investments Vendor Management Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exceptional career opportunity for an Investments Vendor Management Manager in Northbrook, IL! The Vendor Management Organization (VMO) is responsible for ensuring that the third party relationships that are leveraged by Allstate Investments, are governed, assessed and maintained, so as to achieve maximum strategic value from vendor partners.
The Vendor Manager will work on vendor portfolio optimization and vendor management governance. The Vendor Manager will help evaluate vendors to identify opportunities for targeted optimization and conduct reviews on a rotating schedule. The Vendor Manager will also act as a liaison between business partners, Allstate Procurement and legal throughout the vendor management process (including vendor identification, negotiation, selection, onboarding, management, etc.). The Vendor Manager will work with Allstate security and audit teams to support vendor risk assessment and vendor related audits.
Vendor Onboarding and Optimization
- Govern the vendor acquisition process(RFP, SLA, budget process)
- Facilitate and monitor vendor onboarding
- Facilitate defining and updating SLA/KPI terms in contracts
- Understand product usage and strengthen vendor relationships
- Partner with the business (internal) to maximize product use
Vendor Evaluation and Governance
- Maintain the vendor database
- Facilitate the vendor process including the integration of SPS governance and framework
- Facilitate vendor reviews and create vendor scorecard
- Identify opportunities for targeted optimization
- Provides visibility into overall spend by vendor category reported to Operating Committee
- Provide visibility on vendor renewals to Data Governance Committee
Market Insight and Roadmaps
- Facilitate participation in market survey and coordinate data collection
- Obtain economic analysis from SPS and evaluate
- Centralize annual process of getting the roadmaps from vendors to understand capabilities we may be interested in; summarize and share roadmap information
- Partner with the business to perform capability assessment to determine what capabilities are being leveraged or could be leveraged
The Vendor Manager will interact with:
- VMO Lead
- Sourcing Specialist
- Performance Analyst
- Vendor Product Specialist
- Relationship Manager
- Business / Functional Architect
- Expense Management
- Operating Committee
- Management Committee
- Risk Manager
- Minimum of 2 years Sourcing and Procurement experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Understanding of vendor management processes
- Advanced communication skills - Written and Oral
- Facilitation skills
- General process improvement skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to build relationships within and across organizations
- Ability to conduct basic research and communicate results
- Ability to partner / collaborate
- Ability to share information, goals and opportunities with the appropriate parties.
- Financial services/capital markets background is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top