Investments, Quant Research Head
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
This role is responsible for overseeing quantitative research for Allstate Investments. The candidate will lead a talented team of 10+ quantitative analysts performing state-of-the-art research in asset allocation, public and private market investing, and risk management. The team is located within the Risk and Return group but supports entire Investments organization. Areas of primary focus will include development of quantitative tools that supplement and enhance the traditional investment process. In addition, the role will focus on developing systematic investment strategies that generate attractive risk adjusted excess return. The candidate will be expected to partner with Investments leadership and broader Allstate organization to develop a strategic vision for the quantitative function of the future. In addition, the candidate will serve as a quantitative expert and resource to the broader investment organization, including both asset managers and senior leadership. It is expected that this role will influence strategy and decisions made in all areas of the investment organization .
- Lead a team (approximately 10) of quantitative analysts developing state-of-the-art solutions for the Insurance and Pension investment portfolio management
- Partner with Investments leadership (CIO, CRO and asset class heads) to develop the vision and strategic priorities for the quantitative research function
- Provide thought leadership that informs Allstate's asset and risk allocation decisions; develop value-adding tools to enhance risk and asset allocation processes
- Develop quantitative solutions and strategies for public and private portfolio managers, and external manager research functions
- Develop quantitative strategies incorporating unique constraints of insurance investment management such as tax
- and capital efficiency
- Collaborate on analysis relevant to the investment portfolio with quantitatively-oriented functions in other areas of Allstate, including Asset-Liability Management and Risk Management groups within the insurance units
- Effectively communicate model results and findings to the broader organization and to senior management
- Evaluate and incorporate external trends in quantitative investing such as factor investing, big data and machine learning
- Collaborate on modeling tools, techniques, and data sets with broader Allstate data and analytics teams (D 3 )
- 10+ year seasoned investment professional with extensive investment quantitative research experience
- Experience leading a team of quantitative analysts
- Extensive experience with multi-asset, equity, fixed income, and private investment strategies
- Experience with the quantitative research of entire investment process including alpha signal generation, portfolio optimization, and risk modeling
- Familiar with Insurance and Pension investment management considerations
- Quantitative skills that are broad and deep, spanning the areas of statistics, econometrics, asset pricing, and risk
- Solid understanding of financial markets, financial modeling, risk management, and numerical methods
- Strategic thought leader with demonstrated ability to develop quantitative models and tools to support complex decision-making processes
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence others to achieve results
- Advanced ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships across the organization and with the outside world
- Proven people management and talent development experience
- Relevant programming experience and strong computer skills necessary to oversee quantitative projects and staff
MBA or PhD degree with quantitative focus preferred; CFA a plus.
The successful candidate will be a change leader and manager. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- A proven leader, whose professional management style inspires, motivates and energizes superiors, subordinates and peers
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement
- Self starter who is able to work independently
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
CassandraLead Consultant in Supplier Security Risk Management
Cassandra's job is to manage the team that mitigates third party risk to reduce the likelihood of any cybersecurity threat to the company.
Back to top