Investments Private Assets Finance Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Private Assets Finance team is responsible for advising senior management on strategic decisions; reporting on the investment performance of private assets, primarily equity-related; and providing leverage to the investment teams. This team is responsible for analyzing and communicating the historical and forecast performance of the Private Assets Group, including the development of the strategic and operating plan. The team consults and provides direction on structuring transactions, providing leverage to the investment teams so they can focus on transaction underwriting, execution and portfolio monitoring and management. The team works closely with internal partners, and collaborates with external partners, to determine the best approach for executing private investments at Allstate.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the portfolio modeling and management reporting within Private Assets. This includes working closely with senior members of the Private Assets Finance team, assisting with the development our Strategic and Operating Plans; being responsive to information requests, and developing a strong understanding of the capabilities of the information systems. The individual will also be expected to have a general understanding of the investment accounting for private assets, and use that information to assist both Investments Finance and the Front Office.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing portfolio performance, assisting with the strategic and operating plans and forecasts for the Private Asset group, understanding the current information system and future enhancements, and assisting the senior members of the Private Assets Finance team where necessary on ad hoc reporting, projects, research and accounting issues. Collaboration with other individuals across Investments is important for this role. This individual is able to handle multiple responsibilities, work independently when appropriate, and effectively manage time. In addition, they must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Financial Analyst will include:
- Assist with the analysis and communication of the historical and forecast performance through:
- Supporting the modeling of the strategic and operating plans for Private Assets
- Ongoing monitoring of the results of individual assets classes within Private Assets
- Preparation of materials for communicating to senior management on the characteristics and performance of Private Asset investments
- Provide leverage to the senior members of the Private Assets Finance team so they can focus on strategic and operational initiatives
- Supporting periodic projects and initiatives, including performing analysis and drafting presentations
- Managing data
- Preparing recurring analysis on the portfolio
- Preparing ad hoc information requests
- Act as a subject matter expert on the information systems, including:
- Developing a strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the current system, and any future system changes or upgrades
- Assisting the front office as required
- Develop an understanding of the accounting for Private Assets:
- Act as a liaison between the Private Assets Finance and Investments Finance
- Support the Front Office through drafting accounting sections of investment memos
- 4+ years of experience working in a finance role, preferably related to investments or M&A. Relevant organization may include insurance companies, private equity firms, accounting firms and other private asset managers
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills; ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Able to work independently, and effectively manage time
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CFA is required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top