Investments Organizational Risk Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position can be located out of our offices in Northbrook, IL, Chicago, IL, or potentially remotely
The Risk Consultant works in the Investments business unit and assists Allstate by identifying, assessing and mitigating processes and controls for operation risk management. This role is responsible for understanding Operational Risks within Investments as well as enterprise level risk and control standards, methods and tools, and applying those standards, methods and tools to our business. The role is an individual contributor, will require the ability to effectively with others, and could involve topics such as cybersecurity, privacy, data governance, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls, compliance, or other governance or oversight functions.
- Participate in developing an approved Investments Operational Risk Framework
- Assist in implementing and administering controls, policies and procedures that incorporate operational risk
- Maintain operational risk policies that reflects best practice
- Pro-actively assess operational risks and assist in developing risk mitigation strategies
- Perform periodic risk assessments, routine reviews, audits and tests to ensure successful implementation of operational risk policies, procedures, and controls through surveillance, monitoring and examinations
- Assists in performing root cause analysis on identified risk events to make recommended improvements to prevent future re-occurrence
- Help to analyze identified trends in the key risk metrics reported to Investments and enterprise leadership
- Respond to inquiries and supports timely communication within Investments and with Allstate enterprise partners
- Assist in compilation and production of documents related to internal audit, external audit, and enterprise requests
- Participate in developing change management plans and roadmaps to deploy new risk and control methods based upon enterprise standards
- Consider and suggest methods to improve risk analysis and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years or more of experience in risk, audit, SOX, data governance, privacy, or control management functions
- Experience applying audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data governance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize, analyze, and synthesize data
- A high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative and proactive approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top