Investments Data Integrity Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The DIG Team Assoc Manager is primarily responsible for managing staff and providing oversight to systems and controls that ensure that DIG Team controls are executed as per established guidelines. DIG Team Assoc Managers are expected to have an advanced understanding of the Investment System Data Flows and demonstrate ability to recommend constructive improvements. DIG Team Assoc Managers are also expected to provide thought leadership to ensure that SOX and FIB controls are designed and executed to ensure that they are working effectively. DIG Team Assoc Managers are expected to identify and recommend opportunities to improve throughput, reduce operational risk, and improve controls.
- Monitor capacity and set workloads
- Develop individual Goals and provide feedback
- Provide input on team Goals
- Recommend Staffing needs and monitor capacity
Guidance & Leadership:
- Mold team culture and motivate to achieve optimal performance from direct and indirect reports
- Build strong internal relationships with other department leaders in Investment Finance and the Front Office Traders
- Interact effectively with Vendor Personnel (Eagle and Blackrock)
- Provide input into setting team priorities
- Monitor controls, assess effectiveness, and resolve data exceptions
- Provide status, risk assessments, and performance metrics to Management
- Participate on non Data Integrity team related teams and groups to promote cross-team knowledge and awareness
- Inform staff of changing policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Ensure on-going execution of DVC and SRM rules
- Coordinate development and maintenance priorities with Blackrock and Eagle resources
- Partner with Investment Technology and provide direction and thought leadership on System Integration issues
- Monitor exception triage and escalation procedures and metrics
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with data suppliers as well as key data subscribers
- Establish and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in support of SLA’s
- Ensure on-going execution and review of SOX and Trade Interface FIB Controls
- Own and be accountable of execution of responsibilities
General Working Knowledge:
- Management principals and techniques
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to all levels of staff and management
- Outstanding analytical and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
- Investment Department policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Investment Industry in general
- Working knowledge of Investment Technology, Finance and Reporting
- Working knowledge of Data Mining skills
Advanced Working Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of Investment Operations Control Functions
- Advanced knowledge of Investment Systems and Data Structures
- Advanced knowledge of Investment Compliance Functions
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
- Identify and Assess significant risks and suggest remediation plans to management
- Prioritize and assign workflows relative to goals and other deliverables
- 5+ years of professional accounting or reporting experience
- 5+ years working with relational data bases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- 5+ years working with OLAP tool (Crystal Reports, Micro Strategy, etc.)
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- CPA/CFA candidate preferred
- MBA, a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top