Investment Performance Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Investment Performance Measurement team is responsible for producing timely and accurate performance measurement calculations for total (actual) returns, benchmark returns, relative returns and associated analysis, and internal reporting of the performance measurement results for The Allstate Corporation's investment portfolio.
The Investment Performance Analyst is responsible for executing the day-to-day activities of the Performance Measurement Team. The Analyst is expected to manage his/her assignments based on prioritization, identify issues as circumstances merit, and provide recommendations for process improvement. The Analyst should have an understanding of investment performance measurement concepts and methodologies for a diverse set of investments and asset types. This position is currently based in Northbrook, IL but is expected to move to Downtown Chicago in late 2018.
- Execute performance measurement activities (i.e. actual returns, benchmark returns, relative returns, attribution, and associated analysis) and related internal control procedures for Allstate's investment portfolio.
- Prepare analysis, compile reports, and develop presentations in support of team deliverables.
- Interact with other organizational areas to integrate and streamline applicable performance measurement processes.
- Own and be accountable for execution of responsibilities.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for performance measurement information from portfolio managers, analysts, senior management, and other interested parties.
- Prepare and maintain on-going documentation efforts with regard to performance measurement concepts and methodologies and associated internal controls, processes and results.
- Participate on special projects and analyses as requested by management
- 3+ years of performance measurement and/or capital markets/finance experience, accounting or internal management reporting experience, preferably in the Investments or Financial Services industries.
- Finance/Accounting degree required.
- CFA/CIPM/CPA candidate preferred.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Eagle Performance, Blackrock Aladdin and Tableau skills are pluses.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top