Investment Operations Summer Internship
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Investment intern will be working with assets groups to support cash, trade support and asset enrichment. This role is frequently called upon to resolve basic to moderately complex processing issues, escalating complex issues to management.
- Review multiple systems and dashboards to monitor cash and time series data to ensure that it is being recorded accurately and consistently across the various systems.
- Analyze and determine best approach to resolve Aladdin work condition in the most accurate and streamlined way to define new processes
- Apply cash settled at the custodian against the cash flow forecast in the accounting system
- Daily trade support for Bank Loans (BLS) and AIMCO – confirm and allocate all trades on ClearPar, trade enrichment in Aladdin/Maximis, coordinate all legal documents between Front Office, Money Center, and Legal, (data quality/compliance/timeliness key)
- Analyzing, entering and maintaining funds' underlying companies and properties information in Investran
- Cash flows and valuations processing and validation in Investran
- Provide back up support for each of the processes within the team
- Support Audit activities such as Internal Audits, and D&T Audits
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations and Finance to resolve out of balances and research issues
Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
- Working knowledge of the Investment Industry in general
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and issue resolution skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top