Internal Life Wholesaler
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The internal wholesaler is responsible for achieving the regional production plan for Allstate products within their assigned regions. They achieve this through partnership with regional field sales leaders and producers. The internal wholesaler drives sales through proactive outbound calls to producers, building relationships and prospecting for leads. The internal answers a high volume of inbound calls responding to various sales situations, and product positioning questions. An Internal must present sales concepts, product illustrations, sales and marketing materials for all manufactured annuity and life products. They create strong producer interest and grow proprietary sales through campaigns, producer education and spotlighting sales concepts. The internal wholesaler is responsible for supporting strict adherence to broker/dealer policies and procedures as well as applicable FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) and state securities laws and regulations.
- Strategic Distribution Leadership
- Drives product sales within assigned region.
- Identifies and develops top and mid-level producers.
- Must be able to work independently to establish action plans and grow regional revenue.
- Helps producers identify ways to attract and retain new and existing customers.
- Exhibits proactive sales techniques that lead to increased revenue through effective territory management.
- Develops new business opportunities and sales growth by initiating and maintaining strong producer relationships.
- Product and sales training through individual and group training sessions, seminars, workshops and meetings.
- Identifies client needs and available resources to support planned sales activity.
- Recommend marketing and sales support initiatives to support and maximize sales efforts.
- Assists marketing and product in launching new products.
- May participate on special projects contributing directly to sales efforts in such areas as product development, marketing and compensation.
- Thorough knowledge of sales and marketing principles and practices. Expected to maintain knowledge of existing Allstate products, new or enhanced Allstate products, and new and existing Allstate marketing campaigns.
- Financial Services (FS) Supervision and compliance.
- The internal wholesaler has accountability for ensuring that supervisory and compliance requirements are met in the delivery of assigned products to Allstate customers.
- Business Unit Integration
- Partner with pre-sales team to develop business initiatives, create new and penetrate existing client relationships.
- Be an exemplary partner and role model with producers by demonstrating strong work ethic, maintaining high personal integrity and standards of performance, and working through conflicts to resolve issues.
- Builds and maintains relationships with management across functional lines.
- Serves as a partner in strengthening the relationship between regional field leadership and the wholesaling team.
- Adapt style and approach to match the needs of different producers within the organization.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have knowledge and more than 4 years sales experience Wholesaling financial products (internal, external, or combination) and a proven ability to grow a territory as measured by sales and persistency of business.
- Must have a proven track record of selling financial services products.
- Series 6, 7, 63 & Life Insurance License, strongly preferred.
- Advanced degrees or professional designations such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, a plus.
- 4 year college degree, strongly preferred.
Analytical and Technical Skills:
- Advanced Financial Services product knowledge.
- Expertise in FINRA, SEC, Broker/Dealer compliance requirements.
- Strong aptitude for industry technology, including software applications, e-mail and database management.
- Familiarity with industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services industry through knowledge of the industry's history, customers, and competitive environment).
- Superior interpersonal skills - Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust.
- Strong communication skills Includes business writing, motivation and relationship management.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem solving Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building Blends with teams when needed; supports strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Planning and organizational skills - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top