Internal IT Auditor - Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) serves Allstate and its stakeholders by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Our mission is to help the organization meet it’s strategic, financial, operational and compliance objectives. Our internal audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.
The Internal Audit Department within Allstate, located in Northbrook, IL, seeks motivated IT professionals with broad technical knowledge and experience who desire new opportunities to apply their technology expertise to a range of business challenges and who work well in project oriented, team-based work environment. As part of Allstate’s Internal Audit Department, individuals will have the opportunity to work on high impact, high exposure reviews of technology and business processes and units. The position provides the opportunity to interact with a wide array of individuals across the organization. Travel requirements are minimal (<15%).
This IT Audit Specialist position is part of a larger team responsible for assessing technology risk and control within Allstate. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within the technology arena. This role will be integral to rounding out the team by bringing in their technical experiences, but also sharing and educating others. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where, knowledge, experiences and internal/external networks can be leveraged to achieve results.
- Assist in developing and delivering the audit plan for the IT audit team. This will include responsibility for leading audits of IT applications which support key business processes as well as operating systems, databases, security and architecture.
- Ensure audit objectives are achieved with quality while focusing on staff development during the execution of our audit engagements.
- Actively contribute to Allstate and Internal Audit’s Strategic Initiatives.
- Establish credibility and trust with IT and business management leaders.
- Support discussions with IA, business and IT senior leaders to inform quarterly risk assessments.
- Evaluate risk exposures and the adequacy and effectiveness of controls relating to the governance, operations of Allstate’s application systems.
- Effectively communicate the context and need for a strong and cost-effective internal control environment and risk management practices.
- Keep IT and business client areas informed of the audit plan and upcoming audit engagements within their area of responsibility. Address client concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure the client is addressing audit issues appropriately and in a timely manner, as agreed upon at the conclusion of the engagement.
- Support the development and mentoring of a team to build broad and deep bench strength in the skills needed to audit the assigned area.
- Provide input regarding the performance management process according to company standards for less experienced audit personnel.
- 5+ years of business and IT related experience including strong process analysis skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization across multiple teams.
- Direct IT auditing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial services or insurance process is a plus.
- Experience integrating and managing third party vendors is a plus.
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals.
- Strive for effective communication that results in enhanced teamwork and the sharing of knowledge.
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively.
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character.
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations.
- Pursue lifelong learning and personal development.
- Demonstrate proven people management experience.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including ability to work well with senior leaders.
- Possess very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of IT audit or related experience
- Public accounting / consulting related experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or business required and a masters is a plus.
- CPA, CIA, CISSP or CISA is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top