Internal IT Auditor - Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) serves Allstate and its stakeholders by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Our mission is to help the organization meet it’s strategic, financial, operational and compliance objectives. Our internal audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.
The Internal Audit Department within Allstate, located in Northbrook, IL, seeks motivated IT professional with broad technical knowledge and experience who desire new opportunities to apply their technology expertise to a range of business challenges and who work well in a project oriented, team-based work environment. As part of Allstate’s Internal Audit Department, individuals will have the opportunity to work on high impact, high exposure assessments of business processes and units. The position provides the opportunity to interact with a wide array of individuals across the organization, including Senior Management. Travel requirements are minimal (<15%).
The position is an integral component of a larger team responsible for assessing technology risk and control within Allstate. The broader team is comprised of individuals with a wide range of technology skills and experiences, and a qualified candidate for this role possesses the technical expertise to identify operating issues and suggest meaningful solutions. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge and experiences of internal/external networks will be leveraged to achieve results.
- Execute integrated IT audits of technology application and configuration controls. Leverage expertise of highly technical and complex areas which may include; database, operating systems, IT operations, enterprise security, architecture, governance, network infrastructure, and service management.
- Deepen understanding of foundational IT risk / control concepts and apply them to the Allstate environment.
- Participate in scoping, coordinating, executing, and reporting on technical IT risk and control assessments.
- Substantiate and validate identified discrepancies and provide recommendations based on experience with leading practices.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of the company’s risk profile and provide input to the development of the annual plan.
- Work with other team members, including guest technology specialists and/or co-source providers, to complete assessment work / projects.
- College degree – Major preference of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Accounting.
- 1-3 years of IT and/or Technology Audit experience
- Obtain a CIA, CISA, or CISSP certification within 24 months
- Experience working for an Insurance, Financial Services and/or Public Accounting organization preferred
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge and practical experience testing the following control areas; application, software development lifecycle, program management, information access, and data integrity
- Broad knowledge of what it takes to implement an end to end technology solution, including defining the solution architecture and familiarity with processes needed to govern the solution
- Familiarity with general risks and controls for typical services provided by the technology organization (e.g., Change Management, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery, Information Integrity, Capacity Planning, Security Administration, Vendor Management, etc.).
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Curious nature
- Quick learner
- Works independently
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to synthesize complex concepts into common business terms.
- Practical, realistic, and deliberate in approach to work product.
- Ability to think broadly and clearly articulate new ideas and concepts.
- Skillful at allowing for thorough discussion of complex topics while still meeting deliverable dates.
- Experience with project management concepts and structure (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visa’s for this position
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top