Internal Investments Auditor - Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) serves Allstate and its stakeholders by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Our mission is to help the organization meet its strategic, financial, operation and compliance objectives. Our internal audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.
The Investments Senior Auditor must provide the appropriate level of project planning, delegation of work, supervision and review of staff work to ensure the project follows the audit execution process and that professional standards are met.
This position is on our Investments core audit team. Our audit client, Allstate Investments manages over $80 Billion of assets. This Business Unit is charged with providing sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The Business Unit exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. Our audits cover all aspects of the business.
We are seeking audit professionals with investment experience. Experience with Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) regulations or with quantitative models is strongly preferred. In Internal Audit, we offer individualized training on audit execution and professional development, and extensive support in the areas of career pathing, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications.
- Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process, and control evaluation
- Leading audit projects involving two or more staff members
- Coordinating and directing the work of other project members on leadership assignments
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects
- This role offers responsibility for running audit engagements on a rotational basis as the in-charge of the audit engagement and the opportunity to supervise staff.
- Travel requirements are minimal (10%)
- 4+ years of experience in investment audit role(s) or relevant Allstate experience working directly in a business with Investment knowledge.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or insurance-related certification or study is a plus
- College degree – major preference of Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology.
- Master’s degree a plus
Experience with Internal Audit practices and methodologies are required. We will also provide additional education through individualized training, and extensive support in the areas of career development, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications.
The investment skills required are:
- Demonstrate and maintain a strong understanding of product specific (e.g., security, derivative) valuation methodology and processes.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key credit & market risk exposures, measurement techniques, accounting and financial controls, and regulatory and financial market developments.
- Monitor regional Market Risk, Valuation and Finance related metrics with an ability to recognize emerging issues with risk and control implications.
- Exposure to fixed income securities, structured products and asset management.
- Exposure to virtually all aspects of the asset management and security transaction operations of an Investments group, including reviews of portfolio management and trading across various asset classes including derivatives.
- Knowledge of and ability to audit core asset classes (Derivatives, Real Assets, Mortgage Loans, Municipal Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Foreign Government Securities, RMBS, CMBS, and ABS).
- Ability to run multiple audits, manage projects and participate in audit assignments in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and working knowledge of other market tools are a benefit.
Other business or audit skills required are:
- Established contacts in key business areas and ability to establish new contacts
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex business topics to Management via reports, memos, and verbal communication
- Ability to contribute to a team
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Solid understanding of risks and controls
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top