Intermediate Quantitative Analyst - Risk and Return
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages close to $80 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. The business model provides the foundation for daily decision-making and portfolio management. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
This role is responsible for performing quantitative analysis and research within the Risk and Return group of Allstate Investments. Areas of primary focus will include asset allocation, factor investing and econometric modeling. The role will assist with asset allocation research, development of quantitatively oriented investment strategies and portfolio optimization.
- Research and develop models for asset valuation and return forecasting
- Assist senior quantitative analyst with development and back testing of quantitatively oriented investment strategies
- Research, construct and track performance of alternative risk premia based portfolios
- Maintain and enhance optimization models and assist with strategic and intermediate horizon asset allocation
- 3+ year experience with quantitative investment research or a PhD in Econometrics or Advanced Mathematics
- 2-3 years of experience in multi-asset investing preferred
- Experience with machine learning techniques a plus
- Desired credentials include experience in statistical analysis and modeling, especially modeling of time series data and back testing of investment strategies
- Solid understanding of financial markets, statistics and econometric analysis
- Good understanding of factor investing, asset valuation and portfolio construction
- Strong computer skills and programming experience in Matlab, SQL and VBA, C++ experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Post graduate degree in Econometrics, Quantitative Finance; PhD preferred; CFA a plus
The successful candidate will be a change leader and manager. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- A proven leader, whose professional management style inspires, motivates and energizes superiors, subordinates and peers.
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Self starter who is able to work independently
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top