Intermediate Investment Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Portfolio Management Group, working closely with the underwriting business units and other areas within investments, is responsible for the development of the investment portfolio strategy within specified risk parameters, execution of the asset allocation associated with the strategy, 3rd party investment manager utilization and derivative use. This role will be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Managers with the day to day management and reporting of the Allstate Financial portfolio.
- Work closely with the Allstate Financial (AF) finance and ALM teams to develop investment allocation strategies that support the client's objectives.
- Communicate efficiently with asset managers to ensure asset allocation guidance is understood and efficiently executed. Chair the weekly market/asset allocation meeting with asset classes. On a monthly basis formally provide asset allocation weights to asset classes and Performance team
- Build relationships with Investment Operations, Finance, Accounting and Tax teams to facilitate clean strategy development and execution
- Assist with the creation of Board and Investment Committee presentations. Demonstrate, on occasion, ability to communicate content to Boards and Investment Committees at meetings
- Manage portfolio cash flows. Utilize internal systems, mainly Aladdin, to maintain the proper levels of cash to ensure portfolio liquidity. Direct excess cash to appropriate asset class teams consistent with allocation strategy.
- Allocate private assets sourced to appropriate portfolios matching the portfolio's risk/return objectives with the asset's underlying characteristics
- Support the annual Operating and Strategic Plan process
- Provide analytic support to ensure the portfolio is operating within all Investment Policy and Guideline limits
- Assist with design and management of derivative related hedging programs
- Maintain significant knowledge of the portfolio management tools/technology used by the PMG team. Knowledge of Blackrock's Aladdin system a plus
- Work with Portfolio Managers to develop and continuously improve our reporting infrastructure for monitoring, evaluating, and communicating portfolio positioning and investment strategies
- At least five years of Investment management experience
- Basic understanding of risks embedded in Life and Annuity products
- Strong interest and good understanding of capital markets, macro/micro economics and the primary investment types held in the Allstate portfolio. Working derivatives knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be a reliable team player with the ability to build trust and confidence through collaboration with internal colleagues
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and investigative research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete tasks, solve problems and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to high quality work
- Relevant technology experience; Proficient in Microsoft Office with significant knowledge of Excel is required; Working knowledge of Aladdin is preferred; Understanding of basic database querying and business intelligence tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau); Programming knowledge is a plus (VBA, Matlab, SQL);
Required: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related discipline. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top