Insurance Sales Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Our Customer Contact Center in Chubbuck, ID continues to grow and we are looking for talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment.
You will be on the front line of Allstate’s sales process and critical to helping our Customer Contact Center achieve its customer satisfaction and business performance goals. You will drive business results by educating potential customers on purchasing insurance products and successfully closing the sale.
Here are a few things our Insurance Sales Specialists do on a day-to-day basis:
- Speak to existing and prospective Allstate customers who have expressed an interest in new or additional products and services.
- Effectively educate, persuade and close the sale.
- Multitask by utilizing multiple online systems while speaking with customers on the phone.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of company products and services, and the ability to make specific recommendations to match customers’ needs.
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of Allstate products and services.
Allstate offers fully paid training – a valuable investment in your success!
After completing our fully paid, industry-leading training program, and passing the insurance licensing exam, you will be ready to sell insurance to prospective customers and assist existing Allstate customers with all their insurance needs over the phone.
Orientation – 02/17/17 – 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Licensing Week 02/20/17 – Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
First 7 Weeks Training 02/27/17 –Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Transition 8 Weeks 04/16/17 – Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Shift Bid after training is completed
It is Allstate’s goal to support our customers when, where and how they want to be served.
Allstate’s Customer Contact Centers will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. We do our best to provide a balance between work and personal life, and we will provide advanced notice of any changes in your work hours.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years or older to be considered eligible to take the state licensing exam
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to manage sensitive and critical client information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Two years sales experience in a call center environment is preferred. OR, a college degree with one year sales experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top