Insurance Comparative Rater Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This job family is housed within the Encompass Product Operations department and leads the development of analytics and projects in support of business goals. Responsibilities include interfacing with several internal customers in areas such as State Management, Line Management, Sales, Technology, and other teams within Encompass.
This experienced level associate manager role will recommend, coordinate, and complete analyses and projects intended to drive business results. Projects include, but are not limited to: Countrywide Market Basket Analysis, development of comparative rater education, measurement of initiatives, and execution of comparative rater strategy to drive profitable growth.
- Develop innovative solutions and systems to support Encompass's strategic use of comparative raters to accomplish business objectives
- Understand and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets on a countrywide basis leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Contribute to and lead strategies including new initiatives and development of best practices
- Perform analysis using available industry data to inform underwriting, deployment, pricing, and marketing strategies
- Conduct analysis and create communications to ensure appropriate development, and execution of strategy
- Support coordinated efforts across the organization to facilitate the implementation of initiatives
- Measure and communicate results; use this information to make recommendations to improve initiatives
- Own and create documents, procedures and communications to facilitate internal education of comparative raters to support execution of comparative rater strategy
- In-depth knowledge of insurance industry and trends
- Understands the business of Insurance in order to improve outreach to other Allstate brands
- Coach and mentor associates to ensure appropriate skill and personal development
- 5-7 years of related experience; college degree preferred
- Comparative rater experience required
- Insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry
- Experience with SQL
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High-level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail; can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve data issues of basic to moderate complexity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top