Instructional Learning and Design Sr Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Learning & Design Senior Manager! This position could be located in either Northbrook or Wheeling, IL.
Job summary: Manage and lead the ongoing, long-term improvement of the Claims Learning & Development team, and Field and Home Office Claims education programs. Includes the developing and implementing the needs assessments of agency, regional and sales leaders and in turn, leading, designing, expanding, and implementing learning and development programs needed to support the Claims Organization.
The Learning Design Senior Manager is responsible for defining and applying Instructional Design methodologies to the development of Learning Experiences. This role is able to design, develop, and implement processes for creating innovative and forward thinking curriculum (to include job aids, quick reference guides, podcasts, videos, FAQ documents and various multi-media). The Learning Design Senior Manager is responsible for developing Education Style Guidelines and for performing reviews of all deliverables to ensure adherence to style guidelines and to Instructional Design leading practices. This role coaches and develops the instructional design skills of all team members and demonstrates a commitment to increasing personal knowledge of Instructional Design methodologies and to applying this knowledge to increase the effectiveness of all deliverables.
Instructional Design Management Key Responsibilities:
- Works with the content development team during the initial course development phase to identify areas for alignment with Instructional Design leading practices and clearly communicates recommendations.
- Contributes to course development by determining instructional strategies and by developing measurable objectives.
- Attends weekly meetings for assigned courses to provide input on course development direction for high visibility course offerings.
- Determines instructional strategies and develops measurable objectives for designing and assessing all Education deliverables.
- Drives the development of style guidelines and performs reviews of all Education deliverables to ensure adherence to Education style and Instructional Design leading practices.
- Documents and communicates constructive feedback from an Instructional Design perspective to the content development team for all Education deliverables.
- Coordinates efforts to establish and refine departmental processes and standards as needed.
- Leads others through researching and analyzing user feedback to improve quality and develops action items as a result of the analysis.
- Leads others through analyzing the successes and shortcomings of completed projects and facilitates lessons learned meetings upon completion of each project.
- Creates and leads trainings to develop the Instructional Design skills of all Learning & Development team members, including non-Instructional Designers.
- Provides assistance and coaching to team members on Instructional Design methodologies and tools.
- Continues to learn and evaluate emerging Instructional Design principles and learning trends.
- Bachelors in instructional design or closely related field preferred and/or related certification preferred
- 8-10 years of instructional design work experience preferred
- Managerial experience preferred
- Experience in governance or creation of standard processes is an asset
- Stays current with skills by continually seeking opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Leverages awareness of current industry standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from an internal perspective
- Ability to think from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Experience creating and implementing change management initiatives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top