Instructional Design Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Claims Learning & Development (CLD) team provides strategic education to the Claims business, including field staff, home office staff, and other stakeholders. The team is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, measurement, and coordination of high impact learning solutions.
Manage and lead the ongoing, long-term improvement of the CLD Instructional Design team, and all Claims education programs in an extremely fast-paced environment. Partner with CLD leadership to identify and define learning and development strategies; identify and deliver key initiatives; prioritize and focus efforts to achieve outcomes defined by overarching Claims strategy. Includes leading, designing, expanding, and implementing learning and development programs needed to support Claims. Also includes setting performance metrics, monitoring progress and evaluating productivity along with effectiveness of education.
- Inspirational and dynamic leader and advocate across Claims, Claims leadership and with the enterprise
- Assesses and anticipates resource needs including skills and education requirements (when leading project teams and/or managing direct reports)
- Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by the instructional design team
- Adheres to company's management practices and processes
- Supports and executes performance management and development plans for all direct reports
- Displays, coaches and mentors others in the application of the Company's Leadership Principles
- Conversant with 70/20/10 (or similar) approach to learning and development
- Models and leads peers in development of employees
- Participates in and provides input for succession planning
- Leads multiple key, highly complex, or mission-critical initiatives, particularly ones that involve large scale change and/or program implementation and requires persistent attention and effort to influence and drive forward the end result
- Formulates strategies to achieve plan objectives and forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables cross functionally
- Communicates and presents project information to project team; provides presentation/ updates to senior level management
- Determines and enrolls resources/expertise that are necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments from various AORs
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes of high complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
- Actively manages all-project-related expenses, budgets and initiatives
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Develops and implements robust and modern approaches to organizational learning and development operations that improve time to competency and gain operational efficiencies via policies practices and procedures; build, align, implement, measure and achieve outcomes
- Defines education design program scope and strategy and ensure alignment with organization;
- Ensures education team abilities and resources to implement strategy
- Leads day-to-day Learning-Development processes and act as a resource on all points
- Provides organizational expertise, leadership, coordination, deep influence and oversight of Training, Learning, and Development; actively shares expertise among peers and other disciplines
- Directs the development/ design of new plans, programs or processes that are of high complexity
- Delivers presentations to recommend change, explain processes/obtain approvals, etc.
- Provides information by reporting to a Senior Education Manager/Director
- Identifies, reviews, clarifies need for new or modified program, policy, procedure
- Defines objectives and develops/evaluates alternative proposals for meeting objectives
- Creates concept designs: Addresses feasibility (financial, operational, technical). Develops requirements and measurements; Ensures instructional design processes are followed and applied consistently throughout design/development across CLD
- Bachelors degree required, MBA is a plus - education, adult learning, or learning psychology preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leading education-focused teams
- Applies highly advanced learning industry standards to impact decisions, indicate requirements, including best practices to support the business unit including instructional design, facilitation and coaching skills
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Stays current with skills by continually seeking opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from an internal perspective
- Ability to think from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Experience creating and implementing change management initiatives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top