Inside Claims Property Litigation Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Claims Property Litigation Analyst in Northbrook, IL.
About the position:
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling one or more types of moderately complex personal property insurance claims, such as appraisal, attorney represented, and litigation. This individual often handles losses that do not require an outside adjuster’s inspection and works with attorneys to effect settlement of litigated files. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Investigation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex coverage/policy information
- May complete errors and omissions coverage investigation
- Assists in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
- Reviews/approves repair estimate
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and moderately complex contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Handles claims that include Public Adjuster or attorney involvement
Litigation (when applicable)
- Refers, receives and reviews legal opinion on exposure on files
- Manages moderately complex claim files in litigation, including managing cases in mediation or arbitration (non-subrogation), negotiating out-of-court settlements on files in litigation, and reviewing defense attorney letters, litigation plans and strategy
- Assists in researching or responding to or resolving moderately complex compliance issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Project and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- Conducts subrogation investigations
- Prior property claims handling or catastrophe experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top